Morning Drop-Off Procedures
This is to ensure a safe and smooth transition from home to school.
- Before getting into the car to drive to school:
- Kisses and hugs
- All backpacks and any instruments are packed and ready to go
- Cars that are dropping students off in the drop-off zone that are coming from Cochrane Street should stay to the right of the island (see red arrow).
- Pull your car all the way up to the “No-Standing” sign in the drop-off only area just before the crosswalk.
- If there is a car already in the drop-off area, pull all the way up to the car in front of you.
- Student exits the car.
- Parent stays in the car.
- Parent drives off without watching their child get to their line and carefully watches for pedestrians crossing in the crosswalk.
By following these procedures there will be a steady flow of cars arriving and leaving the drop-off area.
- Cars should not back up to pull around a car in front of them because they are perceived as taking too long.
- Cars should not pull in front of other cars in the drop-off area if there is an open space. If all drivers follow these simple steps there shouldn’t be any spaces.
- Cars should also not be stopping in the middle of the road to drop-off students and should not be dropping off students in front of the parking lot entrance.
- People should refrain from having conversations with walkers while dropping students off in the drop-off zone.
- Cars should never park next to the center island in the morning or afternoon.
- Only use the drop-off area if your child is able to exit the car and walk to their morning line independently.
- The corner space across the street from the school parking lot is not a legal parking space. It needs to be clear for busses and other large vehicles to make the turn safely.
- Students are dismissed with their teacher
- Grades K,1 & 5 dismiss from the main door facing Damon Avenue
- Grades 2, 3 & 4 dismiss from the right side door facing Damon Avenue