Pre-registration is Now Open
Pre-registration will close at 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Why pre-register? Pre-registering will expedite your visit during the registration process. All families, whether you have pre-registered or not, must attend a registration session listed below. If you do not have access to a computer to complete the online pre-registration, paper packets will be available at the following locations beginning on February 9:
- Our website http://www.melroseschools.com
- The Parent Information Center located at Central Administration
- The Early Childhood Center at the Franklin School
- The Melrose Public Library
All families, whether you have pre-registered or not, must attend a registration session listed below:
Monday, March 9, 2020, 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – noon
Thursday, March 12, 2020, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
All registrations will be held at the Parent Information Center, (Central Administration.) 360 Lynn Fells Pkwy.
Please use the main Central Administration entrance located at the courtyard that separates the Middle and High School.
Note: Registrations are not processed on a first come basis and priority is not given to those registering on the first night. However, it is important that you attend a registration session on March 9, March 11, or March 12 to be considered “on time”. With this in mind, please attend a registration session that best suits your personal schedule. Registrations received after March 12, 2020 will result in assignments being made on a space available basis.
Requirements for Kindergarten:
- Must be 5 years of age by September 1, 2020
- Must be a resident of Melrose
- Parents must attend a registration session to provide documents outlined below.
All families must bring the following documents to a registration session:
- The printed confirmation you received via email after completing the online registration- ( or completed kindergarten paper registration packet if you did not pre-register).
- One original proof of residency from each of the 3 categories listed in the Residency Procedures (click here to view or print Residency Procedures). These documents must be an original mailed from the bill source, not a fax or printout from an online billing/payment center.
- Home Language Survey (click here to print)
- Original birth certificate.(Original document with seal must be presented.) We will make a copy for our file and return the original back to you.
- Current physical exam, including immunizations. (Must be within 12 months of the start of school.)
Further details can be obtained by calling the Student and Staff Information Coordinator at 781-662-2000 ext. 1.