Online PRE-REGISTRATION FOR ALL FRANKLIN PRESCHOOL FAMILIES IS NOW CLOSED
If you have completed the Pre-registration process, please see the information on Registration Sessions, and required documents below. If you missed the online pre-registration you will be able to complete a paper registration form by contacting the Franklin School at 781-979-2260. Note: Stay and Place is a separate registration process--see bottom of the page.
Families of current Franklin Preschool students and siblings must attend one of the registration sessions below to be given priority registration status. Those families who miss these sessions are welcome to participate in the new family registration process on February 24 and 25 but will not receive the benefit of priority registration status.
PRIORITY REGISTRATION SESSIONS FOR FAMILIES OF CURRENT FRANKLIN PRESCHOOL STUDENTS & SIBLINGS ONLY:
Location: First Floor Conference Room, Franklin School
- Monday, February 10, 2020 – 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 – 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION SESSIONS FOR NEW FAMILIES ONLY:
- Monday, February 24, 2020 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School Cafe, 350 Lynn Fells Parkway
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Franklin School, 16 Franklin Street
FOR ALL FAMILIES:
Requirements for the Franklin School Preschool Program: Must be a Melrose resident 3 or 4 years of age by September 1, 2020 AND attend registration to provide a $25.00 non-refundable registration fee. Additionally, you must bring the Franklin School Preschool Program On-line Registration Confirmation Page, which is sent to you via email after you have completed the on-line registration process.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS:
- A copy of the On-line Registration Confirmation Page, which is sent to you via email after you have completed the online registration process*.
- Three documents verifying Melrose residency, one from each category listed in the Procedures for Determining Residency for the Franklin Tuition Based Programs (click here to print)
Current physical exam, including immunizations. (Must be within 12 months of the start of school). If your child is due for their annual physical between now and the start of school, please bring a copy of their last physical then forward a copy of the new paperwork after their visit.
Developmental History Form (click here to print)
Authorized Student Release (click here to print)
Confidential Student Health and Emergency Information (click here to print)
IN ADDITION, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR SIBLINGS and NEW STUDENTS:
- Home Language Survey (click here to print)
- Original birth certificate. (Original document with seal must be presented.) We will make a copy for our file and return the original back to you.
Further details will be available at https://www.melroseschools.com/franklin-school Contact the Franklin School should you have any questions 781-979-2260.
*If you missed the online registration you will be able to print out and complete the Franklin School Preschool paper registration form or pick up a registration form at the Franklin School after January 24.
After February 25 registration for all programs is ongoing provided space is available.
ECC Program Choices and Cost:
- Full-day programs (8:30 a.m. - 2:37 p.m.) for 3 or 4 year-old children
- 2 day, Th-F (tuition: $3766.00)
- 3 day, M-W (tuition: $5533.00)
- 4 day, M-Th (tuition: $7243.00)
- 5 day, M-F (tuition: $8948.00)
Tuition rates for the 2020 - 2021 school year will be reviewed by the Melrose School Committee on February 25, 2020. The rates above reflect the 2019 - 2020 school year rates. Updated tuition rates will be provided before the first payment is due in May 2020.