Welcome to the Melrose Public Schools’ Policy Manual. Consistent with the National School Boards Association, the School Committee believes that policies are statements of intent. They set forth purposes, describing in general terms the organization and programs of the district. Policies create a framework within which the Superintendent can discharge assigned duties appropriately. They are broad enough to allow administrative discretion but specific enough to give clear guidance.
Should you have questions, feedback, or suggestions regarding district policies, please contact Policy and Planning Subcommittee Chairman Edward O’Connell.
- Section A: Foundations and Basic Commitments
- Section B: Board Governance
- Section C: General School Administration
- Section D: Fiscal Management
- Section E: Support Services
- Section F: Facilities Development
- Section G: Personnel
- Section H: Negotiations
- Section I: Instruction
- Section J: Students
- Section K: Community Relations
- Section L: Education Agency Relations