Morning Drop-Off Procedures
This is to ensure a safe and smooth transition from home to school.
- Before getting into the car to drive to school:
- Kisses and hugs
- All backpacks and any instruments are packed and ready to go
- Cars that are dropping students off in the drop-off zone that are coming from Cochrane Street should stay to the right of the island (see red arrow).
- Pull your car all the way up to the “No-Standing” sign in the drop-off only area just before the crosswalk (see blue car on map).
- If there is a car already in the drop-off area, pull all the way up to the car in front of you (see orange car on map).
- Student exits the car.
- Parent stays in the car.
- Parent drives off without watching their child get to their line and carefully watches for pedestrians crossing in the crosswalk.
By following these procedures there will be a steady flow of cars arriving and leaving the drop-off area.
- Cars should not back up to pull around a car in front of them because they are perceived as taking too long.
- Cars should not pull in front of other cars in the drop-off area if there is an open space. If all drivers follow these simple steps there shouldn’t be any spaces.
- Cars should also not be stopping in the middle of the road to drop-off students and should not be dropping off students in front of the parking lot entrance (see purple minivan on map).
- People should refrain from having conversations with walkers while dropping students off in the drop-off zone.
- Cars should never park next to the center island in the morning or afternoon (see yellow car on map).
- Please only use the drop-off area if your child is able to exit the car and walk to their morning line independently. This way there will be no need for parents to get out of their cars.
- The corner space across the street from the school parking lot is not a legal parking space. It needs to be clear for busses and other large vehicles to make the turn safely (see bus on map).