Eight Mathematical Practices – Habits of Mind of Mathematicians
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
K-12 Progression of Math Standards
Learn more about the focus of math instruction for each grade:
|Name / Organization||Course Range and Levels||Cost||Quick Facts and Functions|
|ALEKS||Middle and High School Math|
|Khan Academy||Middle and High School||Free|
HS coming soon
|Master Math||Middle School||Free|
|Math TV||Middle and High School||Free, unless searching by text books|
|Virtual Math Lab||Beginning Algebra and Algebra||Free|
Math Director 6-12
Melrose Public Schools
360 Lynn Fells Parkway
Melrose, MA 02176