Registration for enrollment in the Melrose Public Schools for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on Monday, May 3rd.
You are not required to register if your child attended Melrose Public Schools in any learning model (hybrid, Group C, MDLA or in-person) during the 2020-2021 school year or if you completed in-person kindergarten registration during the month of March.
All families must bring the following documents to an in-person registration session:
- Completed registration packet for the grade you are registering for in September. Registration packets can be found here.
- One original proof of residency from each of the 3 categories listed in the Residency Procedures, which can be found here. These documents must be originals mailed from the bill source, not a fax or printout from an online billing/payment center, and dated within 60 days of registration.
- Original birth certificate. (Original document with city seal must be presented.) We will make a copy for our file and return the original back to you.
- Current physical exam, including immunizations. (Must be within 12 months of the start of school. We will accept your most up to date copy. When you receive a new physical it can be emailed to the Student and Staff Information Coordinator).
- Most recent report card or progress report from the last school you attended.
All in person registrations will be by appointment only. Click here to schedule your in person appointment. If there is no availability please contact the Student and Staff Information Coordinator at the contact information below.
Location: Central Administration Office, 360 Lynn Fells Parkway (enter via the doorway located in the courtyard separating the middle school and the high school)
Restrictions: Due to COVID-19, in person registration is limited to one parent/guardian per appointment. Masks are required.
If you do not have access to a computer to print a registration packet, please contact the Student and Staff Information Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-662-2000 x1.